Friday, July 12, 2013

"It's The Most Amazingly Successful Con Game Ever Invented" (And We're Forced To Live In It For All Time)


In my own life, I must admit, I'm not as smug about being an atheist as some of these folks. Just like with gays, I don't think there's anything to be proud of, or to rally around. There simply are no gods, spirits or powers. Big whoop.

Like being born black, or being born at all, it's just the way it is and that's enough. I'm really not in a fight about it. There's nothing to fight for or against. 

 That's the way I see it anyway,...
 
"The only position that leaves me with no cognitive dissonance is atheism. It is not a creed. Death is certain, replacing both the siren-song of Paradise and the dread of Hell. Life on this earth, with all its mystery and beauty and pain, is then to be lived far more intensely: we stumble and get up, we are sad, confident, insecure, feel loneliness and joy and love. There is nothing more; but I want nothing more."





No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON