Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lincoln, Lincoln, I've Been Thinkin',....Part I


Sorry, but - for the sake of my up-coming album - I'm putting in a lot of over-time at work, so I can't post as usual. One thing that's given me, though, is lots of time to ponder Spielberg's Lincoln and what it means:


It's my conclusion - as is usual these days - the Republicans have it all wrong. When Lincoln's release was announced, the Right had two concerns:

 1) How was it going to help Obama? 

 And 2) was it going to be overly-schmaltzy?


Forget #2, it's unimportant. The thing I want you to notice is their main focus - Obama. Everything is about Obama. This is one reason why many currently think the Right is racist. Just as the Left can see "raaaacists!" in the most innocuous statements, the overwhelmingly-white Right can see Obama in everything - and, in case you never noticed, he's black.


So Spielberg can't just make a movie. In the eyes of the delusional, nothing is what it is - it's what they decide it is - so Lincoln has to be an Obama propaganda film.


Kinda off-topic, but I noticed this phenomena when hanging out with the Althouse Hillbillies:


I didn't link to articles on TMR so they could see accurate information - it was to link-whore my site - because they insisted that was so.


And I don't remark on Glenn Reynolds because he's constantly (and still) making wrong calls - the Hillbillies said it was because I was jealous the Right's online Alpha-Beta wasn't linking to me, so that had to be the truth as well.


In other words, it didn't matter what I am, did, and said - they were going to tell me what I am, did, and said - so, for them, that became what I am, did, and said. Evidence be damned.

And they outnumber little ol' me, so there.


Like any cultists, reality readjustment must - and had - been achieved. For them.


Ann Althouse included.


For instance, after years of ridiculing, attacking, and dissecting NewAge, cultism, and religion - including Mormonism - this atheist didn't become a "bigot" until the Ann and her Hillbillies wrong-headedly (and hypocritically) decided to go along with, and defend, Romney. Did Ann Althouse - ostensibly my friend - ever say anything about this pure example of character assassination happening under her banner? Not a word. Anyone who said anything about Mormonism was a "bigot," and that was that, because that's the way she and her minions wanted it.


Along with never giving me my due when I was calling situations correctly - and saying being right is "ugly" - I have many damned good reasons for why I stopped participating on the Althouse blog.

 Obama! Obamo!



Miss you over at Althouse! People keep asking about you.



Tough. I'm no masochist, and have had enough of being mistreated by those on "my side," merely because it suits their political purposes.
And - like Obama - I, too, am still black, faced with an overwhelmingly-white angry mob.

I'll come back to this point in my further thoughts about Lincoln, because it's important, but let's get back to the Right and Obama! Obama! Obama!


Remember when Romney was being slammed for going cross-country with his dog on the roof of his car? What was the Right's reaction? Not to admit Romney was cruel to his pet, but for (the usually very smart) Jim Treacher to be a jerk and dig up an example of Obama eating dog. Did Obama have a choice? No, he was a child - but forget reality - this was hilarious stuff, right? Not to me. So I was the jerk. I even got an e-mail from Jim Treacher saying I had mental problems.

But, as the results of the election prove, by feeding the delusional mob the rancid red meat they desired - and losing - Jim Treacher obviously knows more about what's good politics than I do.


So it will never occur to the likes of him it's my fellow Republicans who are the ones in need of assistance,…




3 comments:

  1. Oh god...the dog eating thing...
    All that did was make them look like twerps...and Obama look human.
    Same as with the campaign bus shenanigans early on -- a lot of people on the right found it great...I knew right then they were going to have problems, because again, it made everybody on the right look like a bunch of frat boy jerks...and the left look mature.
    And that became a major current during this election -- which did not have to be there (in fact, it shouldn't have).

    When you can make the left/Obama look mature and even, gag, statesmanlike to people...you've lost (possibly your mind).
    The biggest problem that I see? The Right isn't acting conservative anymore, or republican...they aren't acting like adults, certainly not like the patriots they say they are such glowing examples of; the gravitas is gone and frat boys gone wild (along with some frat girls) are in (the kind who think it's cool to bully the strange kids and do mean things to animals...as long as they are the ones doing it, because they're so apple pie perfect.

    Get rid of that attitude, and whatever caused it to crop up (I'm sure you have some ideas there) and a lot of their problems would start to fade away; if they keep it up they'll cut their own throats eventually.

    I'm not optimistic (because nobody seems to want to listen).

    PW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough. I'm no masochist, and have had enough of being mistreated by those on "my side," merely because it suits their political purposes.

    Fair enough. Couple of points: Ann steered traffic to your site a number of times. I suspect a lot of people were really interested in your perspective, which is pretty far afield from what most people think, which is why people continue to ask what happened to you.

    I think the answer is "If you go to far afield from the safe path of conventional thought," people are going to attack you for it. It's like an insult! "What? You are telling me my world isn't wholly contained? You must be wrong."

    I hope you don't mind the questions I asked to you trying to understand your perspective. Where I came from, almost all thoughts are allowed (except conservative ones! =)

    It also amazes me how somehow political discussions have been banned from polite company. It's like lawyers getting stupid people on the jury, so they can manipulate them. Only here, it's the press.

    Anyway, not sure if you celebrate thanksgiving or not, but if you do, hope it was enjoyable for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude I left there too when I felt disrespected and I will not go back.

    As Trooper York.

    So I respect you for your stand.

    But you have to realize that most people don't give a shit.

    As a friend I have to tell you something brother.

    Get over yourself.

    O-Tay!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON