Friday, November 2, 2012

Our New American Values (The Natural Progression ,...)


It occurred to me yesterday that "as a black man" (Yo! Ho! Ho!) I could easily start to side with Al Sharpton and Robert Mugabe - sincerely, but also as a self-preservation tactic - since everybody else is currently making about as much sense as they are. And if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, huh?


If "I don't care" is a valid argument for electing Mitt Romney as president - a member of a cult that, amongst other things, discriminated against blacks and praised the Nazis - then why not?


If Billy Graham can change his beliefs - simply for politics - then what's to stop me?


"Robert Mugabe For President" has just as nice a ring to it - plus I get some white guy's farm!


And, ultimately, isn't getting what you want what this is all about? Isn't that the message?


I'm going to have to think on this a little while longer because - as an obvious byproduct of this drive for Mormon ascendence - I know it's wrong, but what's wrong now? Is anything wrong anymore?


If the president can follow con men, then why can't I? If the president can believe stupid shit, then why can't I? If the president can flip-flop on his most deeply held political positions (I love that) then why can't I? There's no shame in anyone else's game - why should there be in mine?


All I have to say when challenged is "This is what I want and I don't care."


It's all about the C.R.E.A.M. now, baby!


Or so I've been told. I've seen it at work, that's for sure. And nobody's ever stopped it.


So, four more days, people - and I just might have to join "the good guys"…
 

2 comments:

  1. Well, ultimately that's the problem that confronts everyone (except for the ones who've already jumped on board gladly and are presently setting up conditions for everybody else to have to go along, except for them...hey, thanks a lot there sportsfans, really appreciate it).

    It was the thing I said I was afraid of.
    ...because I know what the temptations are to just go along or even better: try to manipulate things in a way pleasant and easy for me (like I said, I've not been a good person in my life, there have been times when I was quite bad).
    Perhaps it's time to be an undercover sheepdog -- and that really is what it may come down to just as a way to survive this craziness.
    PW

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...but just as an fyi from a rotten old murderous bitch:

    Money talks, but power walks.


    For when things get interesting...I think some of the folks who went too early with the CREAM rule may have forgotten or not known that the above rule takes precedence (and I will obviously cry for them, just because).

    PW

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON