Sunday, November 4, 2012

Mouth Piece (You've Earned So Much More Than This,...)


Wow. I've just started reading, but I think I've already found TMR's Quote Of The Day:

This is beyond idiotic; it is insulting to people’s intelligence.

Inspiring, isn't it? Here's another one, also from The Washington Post:

Obama now seems less like the cool friend he was to young voters in 2008 and more like the worn-out father whose roof they’re still sleeping under.

Oh yeah! Because, everybody knows, it's fine and dandy to hate on "the worn-out father whose roof they’re still sleeping under," right? Sure, he fed you, clothed you, bought you anything you wanted that he could afford, and worked his ass to the bone (or to the point of being "worn-out") so you can have a nice and safe place to live and grow up, but - What the Hell! - conspire to get your mom to leave the old fart. That's what he deserves. Then, you two can happily go to cult gatherings where they convince you to "have a sense of gratitude" (not to your father, who loved you and protected your lives at the risk of his own, but just for the uncharted wonderfulness that's always been you and Mom in the world.)

That's the ticket.


Wait - what were we talking about again? Something to do with politics:


I know it wasn't the 60s - or the Feminist Movement - but, damn it, I've got 'em all mixed-up now,…
 

1 comment:

  1. As somebody who could appreciate the patently "uncool", but decent, George Bush (even when he made me want to pound my head against a wall) and that paragon of "washed up old farts" John McCain (who nobody can take what happened to him away from him)...allow me to laugh my silly butt off at Obama and Friends.

    As roll my eyes at the Republicans and their new, "righteous" candidates, who I guess are the "new, Republican cool".

    Barf; preserve me always from "cool"...it usually isn't cool at all (more like a bunch of grown ups acting like very stupid, badly behaved teenagers with Mommy and Daddy issues...no wonder their kids are messed up).

    PW (who when push comes to shove, sincerely loves her parents -- warts and all)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON