Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Is Just Calling Cops "Officer" Hard? (It Seems To Work)



Mind you, I'm not disagreeing with what's said here, because I know (during one of my recent drives across America) I got stopped a lot - merely because I had taken one of my recent drives across America. All the officers were professional, but I sure felt like I was meeting a lot of 'em. At night. Just because, or just in case. And sometimes at a cost.

But I never thought I might "meet my maker." I never thought of the approaching officer as anything but another American. I don't live in fear and I don't project it on others. (That, alone, can make a situation tense.) Not being an idiot, I even understand why I'm being stopped from the officer's perspective. But that still doesn't mean it doesn't suck, or make me feel like shit to find myself there - again. It's the price of citizenship, and history, to me. 

I know where I am:

I'm home,...

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON