Thursday, August 29, 2013

An Atheist's Prayer (There's A 1st For Everything, Bub)


Dear God, 

 Please make Chris Christie the President so, at least, NewAgers will have to finally shut up about their frustrations with Americans speaking and being American:
“I think folks around here know that I am willing to take as well as I give,” he said. “I didn’t wake up this morning worried and petrified about what Maureen Dowd on the op-ed page of The New York Times thinks about me. 
“If you wake up as a Republican and worry about what the op-ed page of The New York Times thinks about you, you are going to be in a constant state of crisis.” 
Christie defended his calling the New York Daily News reporter “a dope,” saying he is free in expressing his opinion. He added the newspaper was well within its right to express its opinion when it referred to the New Jersey governor as “fatso” in a recent headline. 
“I don’t worry about this stuff. Whenever you express opinions in this world, other people have opinions about your opinions, and that’s OK,” he said. “So, you know, I thought a particular reporter was a dope, I said so, and I heard him on the radio today … and he seems like a very nice young man, a dope nonetheless, but a nice young man.”

Brilliant - just what I'm looking for:

Really, God, make this one happen and I'll make a note of it,....
 

1 comment:

  1. Well, he certainly does seem to be a guy who gets the entire concept of American cool -- which after observing it (or the lack of it) for a while, I have to conclude one of the basic articles of it is not having anything to prove to the outside world in the way of being "cool". He is what he is -- at least that's the image he projects; might not be a bad thing to take heed to.
    Certainly would hold him a good stead in the election race -- if he's allowed to.

    But again, white "widowed" hillbilly broad here; I could be all wrong.

    PW

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON