Monday, January 20, 2014

The Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.




I’d like somebody to mention that day that Martin Luther King, Jr., tried to give his life serving others.

I’d like for somebody to say that day that Martin Luther King, Jr., tried to love somebody.

I want you to say that day that I tried to be right on the war question.

I want you to be able to say that day that I did try to feed the hungry.

And I want you to be able to say that day that I did try in my life to clothe those who were naked.

I want you to say on that day that I did try in my life to visit those who were in prison.




4 comments:

  1. You seem to judge people on the basis of the color of their skin, not the content of their character.

    And based on your character, you are not worthy of respect.

    Get a job, beggar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So says a member of the group that killed him and every other black trying to address the problem.

    To put it lightly, you have a shitty track record of understanding anything.

    Excuse me if I don't buy your version of what's-what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy MLK Day, Crack.

    Good day for listening to speeches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad Bones, Freeman,

    Thank you - and all the love in the world back at you.

    It hurts me to think good people have to watch this sometimes, like getting caught in a murder, but somebody's got to kill it and - as I think you two are aware - "movement" is in the air. 12 Years a Slave, The Butler, The Help.

    It's time,...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON