Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's All Homeopathy Now


Greetings - from Austin, Texas!


I haven't been here since March, when Justine's Brasserie invited me to DJ a party, but they recently asked me to ring in the New Year with them, which was the perfect escape from the overwhelming issues I've been dealing with.


As most of you are aware, I've had to do what I didn't want - put the blog on "stand-by" as I sort out my friend's health issues and living situation (he's in a rehabilitation facility now) - but I don't feel too bad because, honestly, nothing's changed since last I tended to it:


The Republicans are still lost, post-election, and they don't care to find their way back - unless they can arrogantly continue doing it their way - which is why they're lost to begin with.


New Years, in the political wilderness.


Yes, it seemed impossible - especially to me - but the Republicans are Democrats now.
TMR may have to change it's direction/focus.


Actually, no, I've decided already - it has to.


Stay tuned,…
 

3 comments:

  1. New Year's sounded like a blast, glad it was a good one for you.
    I hope things work out with your friend -- things like that are tough (going through something similar with my mom; it's stressful, so glad you got to do something you liked, and Austin is a trippy but neat place, better than the back of beyond anyway).

    Am eagerly awaiting the new direction this blog takes.

    PW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, PW!

    The party was great - it paid well and the crowd was about as appreciative as I could want. (I didn't get to bed until 11AM the next day.) If you're ever back in the Austin area, I highly suggest Justine's for dinner. Nice atmosphere, good food - pork chops the size of a fist - and great music. (Robert Plant, Lemmy from Motorhead, and Joe Ely all hang out there, too. I think that's the key: it's a music-lover's joint.)

    Everybody here's trying to convince me to stay now.

    We'll see,...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the 48 hour day...those used to be a helluva lot of fun (the husband and I found domesticity and thus do not partake for health reasons anymore)!
    I can understand the allure of wanting to stay -- going balls to the wall doing something you enjoy in a scene you enjoy isn't hard work and it won't burn you out (or at least you aren't going to feel it for a long time ;) ). Glad you had the time -- you deserve it (or at least from what I can gather, you do). Salut!

    Definitely sounds like the old man and I's kinda place. Alas, my daughter and her husband are PCSing to Colorado, so I will no longer have good reason to travel to Austin -- so if you know of any similar joints in Colorado, let me know.

    One of the things I regret about some of my crazy friends moving away, or growing old and giving up, or dying...the art/music, and conversational level, scene for my little hillybilly neck of the woods used to be pretty damn nice -- eclectic and nice; now it's just wall to wall college frat or townie meth head stuff, and I no longer go out.
    I miss the vigor (for want of a better word) of it most of all...and the fact that on any given night you could be listening to some really non mainstream music while talking to a PhD, a veteran,a farmer, and a factory worker about Anais Nin and just about anything else that might come up. And let me tell you: sometimes the factory worker had the smartest things to say (and it was cool). Those were the days...

    PW

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON