Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Smile And The World Smiles With You (Then Get Out)


I can't link to it, because it's behind the L.A. Times' paywall, but here's what they're reporting:
“Tech wealth drives wedge between San Franciscans...”

You don't say? I remember a chap doing a song about that very subject in 2000:

   

 Two things: 1) Obviously, because the visual is static, this wasn't the next song in the series of tracks I wanted to make a video of, but (according to Apple) I have to recreate the video I wanted to make (while searching for corrupted files) and that'll take a little time. This album, Just Payin' The Rent: Amoeba Compilation, Vol. II, was one of the next steps I took after going solo, though, and the release was still something:

 First, it's actually a good CD - a rarity for a compilation album. 

Second, I was the last artist they asked to appear on it, and when I presented them with Babylon.com they freaked, screaming it was perfect for tying the whole project together. They then named the album after one of my lyrics, made Babylon.com the opening number on the album, gave me lots of props in the liner notes, and mine is the first name that appeared on the cover. Lastly, the producer offered me a record deal. Solid. O.K., here's the big one:


2) I did this out of bed. I'm walking around. Doing laundry. Changing the sheets. Functioning. That also means I'm smiling as I type this.


First time for everything, I guess,....
 

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear, just take it easy and little by little!

    PW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember you can whack it in bed as long as you have enough baby oil and tissues and that photo you took of Khloe Kardashian at Lamar's pool party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling a little better.

    Hang in.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON