Sunday, July 7, 2013

"Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City": Christian Cinema - In Sound



Ooooh, see, listen. This is a pretty good Rap album from 2012 - and my hometown. Practically a documentary of a young guy, purely by circumstance, having to desperately try to stay alive in the killing field he was raised in and loves. Weird, I know. Being an atheist, I don't agree with it, right from the beginning, but I'll be damned if I don't respect this representation of the world, as readily as Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon.

Yes, it's that good, sometimes. 

A new-to-Rap listener tip:

Kendrick Lamar's a wordsmith, down with Dr. Dre, so I suggest headphones and your full attention:

A poet living life and death can trick you, and actually get deep,... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON