Sunday, July 19, 2009

Obama Should Have Ran On "Hope FOR Change"

[Click to enlarge: It's really big]

So the U.S. Dept. of Labor has just released this handy graph, above, showing how Americans spend their annual paycheck; and I was struck by the fact my fellow citizens spend $2, 698.00 on entertainment - but only $118.00 on reading - and that reading isn't considered part of the average American's entertainment budget.

Don't get me wrong - I get that:

Reading actually involves using your brain, so - clearly - there can't be any fun involved in it.

But just think what might happen (don't strain yourself!) if those two monetary figures were switched, and we spent $2, 698.00 on books and only $118.00 on whatever passes for "entertainment" these days. (I know, I know: that's "crazy talk" but still,...) Why, for starters, The Onion probably wouldn't be able to run any more pieces like the one below, which would surely be a blow to our national image:


Mexico Builds Border Wall To Keep Out US Assholes

Hat Tip: Little Green Footballs

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON