Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stop Playing Charades And Rush To The Answer

"All he has to do is show a birth certificate."

-- Rush Limbaugh - cutting to the chase of the "Birther" controversy - on World Net Daily.

Look, I've been reluctant to get involved in this - I think I've run one post on the subject and I can't even find it: And, yea, I'm still looking - and everybody knows I like Rush even though he was a main offender in the Zicam scandal (something I think he should've known better than to be involved in) but the reason I still like Rush is because of clear-headed observations like this:

Show the "Birthers" Obama's certificate!!!

It's been over a year since this started and all we hear about is reports of his birth from newspapers - which can be faked - jokes from The Daily Show, and anything else the so-called "smart" folks think can replace that one piece of paper every American citizen possesses. How all the people accusing "Birthers" of a conspiracy theory can continually miss this simple fact - even 6 months after the guy's been elected - is a wonder. But, hell, this is happening in the same country that lets anything labeled "Homeopathic" be sold without checking it - and where even big shot politicians believe in the crap, and are working - with our money - to make that situation worse, as well.

Obviously somebody's missing something - like a few sandwiches at the picnic.

Sincerely, this is not my issue, but, it seems to me, the way to a resolution is clear and simple - in plain language:

Put-up or shut-up.

UPDATE: The National Review says they've seen Barack Obama's birth certificate at Factcheck.org - which I don't doubt, though they don't provide a link or a photo (I'll get there: busy day) - which all cuts back to the main issue:

Parading it before the American people.

Why is that so friggin' hard to do? And BTW, this should be a wake-up call to President Obama, the Democrats, and the media, about how trusted they are out there - they ain't - and more and more people are starting to make that fact very, very clear,...if you ask me, the "craziest" folks are the people who are ignoring that message.

UPDATE II: Now Little Green Footballs' Charles Johnson says, "The director of the Hawaii Department of Health, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, has issued a second statement that she has personally seen Barack Obama’s original birth certificate from 1961 in the state’s archives" like that makes any difference at all. Look, Chuck, babe:

If you asked to see my birth certificate, guess what I'd do? I'd show it to you! I wouldn't start a parade line of people telling you they've seen it - and then call anyone who doubted I had one crazy - I'd just whip it out and say "There."

Are we clear?

3 comments:

  1. I have serious doubts there's any real issue here. It would clear it up to simply show it, but if I wanted to watch my detractors heads burst into flames every day, I wouldn't. How else could you have so much fun by expending zero effort?

    But if by some very unlikely twist it turned out the birthers are right, that comes with its own built-in land mine; it leaves Joe Biden as president.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you asked to see my birth certificate, guess what I'd do? I'd show it to you! I wouldn't start a parade line of people telling you they've seen it - and then call anyone who doubted I had one crazy - I'd just whip it out and say "There."

    Can I see your birth certificate?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON