Sunday, June 2, 2013

Shortest Distance Between 2 Points: Cutting Your Throat


 Wild last few days. Now I've gone and got addicted to House M.D..

   

 Just in time really, since I know several people making really bad decisions, and much prefer the distraction of network television's first acerbic atheist, living with pain. 

   

 Gee, I wonder how that could happen?

   

 I can't say, but the more I see of how the mind works, the more I wonder how we've made it this far.

   

 There honestly is no reasoning with people, even when their interest in doing so's in plain view. 

   

 It's a brain thing - like one day having the "blahs" - except they're hellbent on sabotage. 

   

 It's draining.

   

 Me, I still hold the door for people, still use "Sir" or "Ma'am", and spend a good portion of the rest of my day practicing being appalled, thankyouverymuch. 

   

Because, from the highest of academics to the lowest street crazies, if there's one thing everyone else agrees on today, it's their desire to live (shall we say) "a care-free lifestyle".

   

 They fold their arms and just say and do anything. 

   

That's what you get from NPR being on all-the-time.

   

 The small fibers that connect us, how one person's words and/or actions can send several other actors into action - always wrecking havoc on the unsuspecting - makes their precious "balance" look pretty lopsided. 

   

 It might as well be a claw hammer attack from our rear.

   

I was gonna write about how I'm catching myself smiling, for no reason every once in a while, but instead I feel today like I'm nursing a wound. 

   

 Nobody's touched me - I'm not even the one in the crosshairs - and yet I'm already hurting.

   
I wish I could tell you what it is, in detail, but I can't:


Except it's not going to end well,...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON