Monday, June 17, 2013

The One Thing To Prepare Me For Life (It's Soundtrack)


Do you like tales of escape? Blacks love tales of escape. Here's a great tale of escape:
The wife of haredi Lev Tahor cult leader Rabbi Shlomo Helbrans has reportedly fled the Quebec-based cult for safety in Israel after being beaten by a mob of her husband’s followers.

 
Rebbitzin Helbrans objected to the beatings and punishments the cult imposed on children as young as six months old, and the forced separation of young children as young as six months old from their families.

 
"I heard knocking from the men’s side [of the synagogue]. Eight or ten men with white plastic chairs came [to the women’s side] and and beat them me with them. I was going to die, [I was]screaming…I did not understand what was happening, I did not understand why [it was happening. I fled.] They chased me home…threw snow at me…and beat me and beat me, and beat me,” she said in a recorded telephone call to a relative that was made available to the Israeli haredi news website Beharei Haredim.

 
The Lev Tahor cult reportedly employs harsh and often illegal penalties to punish or ‘educate’ cult members.

 
These penalties include savage beatings of children, forced marriage and forced divorce, forced marriage of minors as young as 14 (it is likely there may have been forced marriages of even younger children, but they have not been documented), forcing members to wear shoes several sizes too small, extreme ostracism, fines, denial of food, confiscation of religious books as a punishment for misbehavior, forced separation between parents and children as young as six months old that often lasts for months and even years, and complete isolation from cult members’ non-cult-member families.

"Pain is in my heart,..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON