Sunday, June 16, 2013

Touchy-Touchy Fruit Loop Lying Out Of Luck LOSERS


I just wanted to answer my own questions for you: 

1) No, you will never see women smart enough not to be molested because - shocking revelation - that's not society's goal. 

2) No, you will never see gay people confident, and not acting like weirdos, because - another shocking revelation - that's not society's goal either. 

3) No, you will never see politicians who aren't compulsive liars because - hold on to your hats - that's never been society's goal. 

4) No, society (as far as I can tell) has no goals - beyond the obvious:

Making us accept what we don't want,...
 

1 comment:

  1. The only way those things won't happen is if the groups in question don't go along with society (yeah, you're right about those goals, but the kicker is whether or not an individual buys into them).

    I can't speak for groups 2 and 3, because I'm not one, so I have no idea what's up with them, what's in their minds (maybe they like being that). I can't even speak for the rest of group 1 for the same reason (and I have my suspicions that a lot of them like it -- which means there really is no cure). But...I can say:
    Yep, this can cause some stress, because the pressure to give in is strong, but it cannot be driven home enough that ultimately it is up to the individual -- and if one does give in, then one has no right to cry molestation -- you can't rape the willing. Which goes back to that yoga thing I mentioned some time ago: yep, that was on me; man, was it stupid; glad all I was out was $25 to my local YMCA and lesson learned; whew, glad I didn't go full steam ahead with that particular iceberg -- no molestation (except to my pocketbook for that $25, but perhaps it was money well spent in learning to not spend money on dumb things; a lesson I can relay to my kids in hopes they take the hint, which so far they haven't done too badly so there's that; although it does keep me up some nights).

    PW

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON