Monday, August 19, 2013

Study Hard (Because It May Be The One Thing You Do)


The Onion has a piece called How Can I Use Feminism To My Advantage? that reads like it's from a young Ann Althouse:
I wanted to cash in on the centuries-long subjugation of my gender, too! 
Many modern women are afraid to call themselves feminists. I often remind these weak, confused women of the words of Gloria Steinem: "In my heart, I think a woman has two choices: Either she's a feminist or a masochist." When I first read Steinem, she awoke ambitions I never knew I had. I wanted to be just like her—powerful, famous, and financially well off. 
Since my awakening, I've memorized quotations from feminists of all stripes, from Betty Friedan to Susan Faludi. Decades of activists have left persuasive arguments in support of my campus group's private study lounge in the student union. Hey, whatever works. Take that, International Students Club! Have fun studying in the library, with all the other losers who don't have a dedicated study lounge. 
Not all feminists have this attitude, and I'm relieved. If they did, feminism wouldn't work half as well as it does. Most of the women in the network are fully committed to eradicating harmful gender stereotypes and redefining sexual archetypes. I am, too, whenever it places me in a favorable social position.

Yep, that's our girl - exploitive to the end. Here's her Wikipedia page. See if you can grasp her larger significance, because I can't. No lives saved. No ground broken (except for herself, as The Onion jokes). No true challenges to anything - not even "the patriarchy". No reason to ever think she's anything other than superficially "smart" and unworthy of admiration. Not a single contribution, or concern, for the country or mankind. 

Here's, ultimately, what I found:
Althouse has a degree in fine art from the University of Michigan, B.F.A. 1973, and graduated first in her class from New York University School of Law, J.D. 1981.

Translation: 

The woman with some of the worst taste in art imaginable can still memorize like a motherfucker (landing her smack dab in the "artists who can't - teach" category).


Other than her nephew being a famous golfer, there's not much else. First in her class, and she's famous for riding the feminist-with-a-mouth train, and nothing more.

Her "career" is being Al Sharpton in a dress.


Seriously, there's nothing else there. She's just another insane middle class cipher (look at that photo) taking up valuable space, the amazing memory failing her when updating her biography. 

Wikipedia does mention her famous never-again-mentioned statement on the Obama cult - that he used "trickery" to get the dummy's vote - but, for instance, there's not a single word about her repeated public breakdowns (whether on Wikipedia or her blog) which I find all-around-dishonest. Her one-sided and ignorant broadsides against the Catholic church, in defense of her gay son, don't get mentioned either (She supposedly "teaches" on religion and the Constitution, which must be fun to hear,...). And her goofy racial obsessions - she once saw racism in an innocent smiling statue - get nothing. 

That should tell you how Ann, and biographies on Wikipedia, "work". Just leave out the shit everybody needs to know and viola! You've got Ann Althouse: Rule Breaker, or something else immature she can imagine herself, drunkenly, from a cafe'. (There's no "wine box" mentions on Wikipedia either - a total whitewash.)


Are you starting to get the picture of how Ann's "succeeded"?


No mention the crazy lady is crazy. The crazy lady keeps her trap quiet, too - while calling men out because, she thinks, no one will ever discover she's nuts. And she's riding that shit to the bank, laughing with her "feminist husband" (she's got two) on getting one over on the unsuspecting public. 

In other words, in a decent world - or if she was a man - she'd be a user, a loser, and a pig.


She's definitely been a bad example to her push-over of a kid - and decent bloggers everywhere,...
 

3 comments:

  1. And yet you use her in your "What The Internet Says About TMR"?

    Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her finishing first in her class at NYU Law School? I'm thinking the butcher's thumb was on the scale somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sick of feminism.

    Sure, I'm not too happy about some of the men who have whipped around the complete opposite and seem to think Leave It to Beaver was reality tv rather than a darkly comedic show -- no, can't say I'm happy about it, even though I know how this state of affairs came to be (hint: it's largely thanks to feminism). I got a bit offended when I mentioned on another blog, many moons ago, that my mom was a pretty good car mechanic (her dad was one and he taught her) and she taught me, and that seemed to set some guys off -- wth? what's the crime in knowing how to change out spark plugs, filters, and the like? -- yeah, that sorta bugged me. But...

    I don't want to "celebrate" my whoo whoo or write poems to my periods, or deconstruct the patriarchal imperative that defines heteronormativity in 21st century Western civ. I'd prefer I never ran into the words "heteronormative", "patriarchy" or "deconstruction" ever again either for that matter. I'd prefer to go through life not really bothering with any of that bullshit. I really don't care about International Women's Day (which is a farce) and would like to be let alone from this constant buzz from the outside that tells me I have to have issues with men all the time (hey, there have and are men in my life, whom I've respected, admired, and loved, why do I need to have "issues"? what if I don't want to have issues?) -- thanks feminists.

    PW

    (and by the by...I've noticed most of these feminists are completely lost trying to change their oil or replace a blown fuse...so what's that say about the "sisters" and their independence?)
    They are so more than needful of men in their lives...talk about hypocrisy!
    Sick of it; sick of it!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON