Monday, July 13, 2009

"Ancient Teachings" That Are Worth Something

"Crazy just happens, and most anyone who needs the cautionary tale is already too far gone to be saved by the deaths of others. Cautionary tales? Only to people who don't date the pathologically unhinged.

...If you want a story, try this,...: Sometimes stuff simply happens, and the chances of stuff happening rise exponentially when the person in question believes in the concept of invulnerability. Not every event falls in the same tidy if-only-they'd-be-more-careful box, and not every person who needs a good talking-to believes in the virtue of listening."


-- Ray Ratto, the great and wise San Francisco Chronicle sports writer, saying the first thing I've read in a long time that I've found of any real comfort - at least since 2005, when I discovered my NewAge ex-wife, Karine Anne Brunck, was A) joining San Francisco cults, B) had been cheating on me, and C) killed three people including her own mother - and Ray did it (of course) in my old hometown newspaper, The San Francisco Chronicle.

Bravo!