Monday, March 11, 2013

Being Too Late Is Not The Only Reason I'm Not Buying What You're Selling (Location, Location, Location,...)


A note for Ta-Nehisi Coates, brainstorming and whatnot: 

Rather than New York Times-approved racial bellyaching, about something no one today is really responsible for (and you have no answers to beyond spreading frustration) first, you and your worried warrior wife should try not living where the other residents accost blacks while buying food.


Concerned about your kid? Stop fooling yourself and scratch New York off the list. (It could've just as easily happened in San Francisco, so...) Options, man. That's my thinking on it, anyway:

 Big country,...
 

3 comments:

  1. I'd appreciate it if this Coates fellow and his wife (she's a warrior? how?) stayed put.

    One of the joys of the back of beyond is the scarcity of the more sophisticated types that tend to get pale around the gills over the more truly organic aspects of living (at which point they'd try to change and "improve" things...uhm, no thanks).

    PW

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a warrior because she's pissed - didn't you hear? Somebody said something to somebody when somebody was six. That did it. From then on, that Eternal Warrior Woman Of Race was born.

    I, on the other hand, was photographed giving the Black Power salute in the womb.

    Can't touch this,...



    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda figured a warrior was someone who would teach their kids (through example or whatever) to not take abuse of any sort (not that I condone fighting or anything -- but the person who doesn't take shit, nor start shit, usually winds up not being subjected to shit after a while, or at least in much smaller doses).
    My mistake I guess.

    PW

    I sorta like my own son's response to a bit of schoolyard abuse: "Is THAT the BEST you've got? Get out of here and find your own business, quit trying to get into mine." But none of my kids probably qualify as a "warriors" then (as they're remarkably pleasant unless you harass them too far), LOL!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON