Saturday, March 30, 2013

Make No Mistake About It (Confirmation Bias Is A Loser)


"There is no mistake in Jazz."

Yesterday, I heard a series of programs on the importance of mistakes, that pretty much reflected my view of things: 

We should admit mistakes, and the only shame is in hiding or hiding from them.

Notice that, as long as I'm criticizing them, both Ann Althouse and Glenn Reynolds have decided - whether they're right or wrong - they will not talk openly about my criticism. We know they know me, they know I'm here, and they know I'm talking *specifically* about them, but - since it's criticism - they've refused to acknowledge it. (Here's Ann acknowledging praise, for instance, both from on and off her blog.) So we've got two of the biggest bloggers out there simply being manipulative (and financially exploitive) cowards: 

All they want their readers to hear/read/ponder is what they say, or what agrees with them, which is exactly the combination that lost the Right the last election - just as I (also) told them they would - after their utterly convinced, but ultimately gullible, supporters informed me they didn't need my (specifically black) vote or counsel. It was "in the bag" remember? Who convinced them of that?

Now I have to endure endless conservative talk about the need for minority voters.

Or, yes, even gays.

You distracted yet?

My treatment, by these two bloggers, is a perfect example of why distraction's necessary.

Politics ain't Jazz, Folks, and being regularly misled ain't cool:

"If you go into the arena, you're going to get your butt kicked."

We play together - or else,...

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON