Monday, March 25, 2013

Next Stop: See If The Gardening Center Deals With Pot


I'm looking for a job, but I'm not worried, because I think I've found an occupation that suits me:
The abject horror of the see-through yoga pants recall crescendoed to new, tragic heights when customers attempted to return their PG-13 garments. 
"I went into my local store to return my Astro pants," one customer wrote on Lululemon's Facebook page. "I was asked to bend over to determine sheerness."
"Sheerness"? They're trying to determine "sheerness"? 

O.K., maybe I've got this all wrong,...
 

1 comment:

  1. "You go to Wal-Mart and see people in sweatpants...you get a little judgy."

    Another good quote from that article...kinda sheds light on the yoga cult (or any cult really): look at me! I'm one of the beautiful people...you helot! (or: why I never really cared for yoga pants or the movie "300", even with all the eye candy)

    PW

    *true confession time: I actually tried yoga once -- 6 week program at the local Y -- back when it was being touted as this really good exercise (and I'd just had my first kid, with all the ego shattering reality that comes with that). First and last yoga class I ever took (they wanted you to buy all this other stuff, expensive stuff, that nobody said anything about in the class preview; it really didn't seem to be exercise as I knew it to be either...but I did get a couple of decent power naps during that chakra finding thing...which seemed to piss off the instructor and regulars when they woke me up). Thank goodness the actual sign up fee was pretty cheap, and I didn't fall for buying all the goodies; next kids I just walked the dogs and rode the horses, did the chores.
    At least that was for free and I didn't have to buy funny clothes, special mats, or do funny PT positions that made no sense...did miss those naps though..

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON