Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Odds And Ends (The Odds Are It'll Never End)



Man, am I moving slow today! I don't get it, because, though I was up pretty late last night, I've got the beats going and everything, but I still don't feel that usual burst of Crackilocious delight in the nuttiness that I usally do. Still, that doesn't mean y'all should be deprived, so here's a few quick items you ought to look into before you, too, find yourself jonesing for something to keep your system supercharged:

Gawker thinks Lady GaGa is overexposed. I think they're a little late, or have a stronger constitution than I do, at least today anyway.

Ria Ramkissoon, the woman who let the cult leader, "Queen Antoinette", brainwash her into killing her own kid for not saying "Amen", is getting high marks for finally forgetting what that crazy bitch taught her. Oh well, better late - and one dead child - than never, I guess.

Some Christians have decided they don't like "Jersey Shore" on the Joysey Shoor, so they've put on a concert called "Jesus Shore", which, if you ask me, is a horrible name (and an even more horrible idea) but there you go. It only "attracted a few dozen people", so I guess my instincts for showmanship are still going strong.

Speaking of Christians, South Carolina seems to be a bad place for their churches because they've suffered a shooting and a robbery in the same week there. My advice: pray harder.

And, if you haven't found God yet, check your iPhone: there's an app for that. See? He's everywhere.

It's starting to look like Shirley Sherrod isn't the nice person she's sold herself to the public as. She may have even been unkind to black people, which at least ain't racist.

And The New York Times's Paul Krugman has been revealed to be an idiot - again - which, at least, means he's being consistent. And you've got to love this, from a commenter on his blog:
"Who is this Sean from Florida? He takes everything that [the] Professor [says] and shreds it, piece by piece. He shouldn't be allowed to post his comments on this blog since he seems to be winning all the debates. We progressives need to stick together and embellish our talking points without someone from the outside pointing out fallacies in our ideology."
Yea, that's how it's done. And finally, The New York Times also has an article about Hugo Chávez's obsession with digging up the dead, which I knew about already, and covered a few days ago. At this point, just let me know if he ever loses his horse. I know exactly who to call for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON