Tuesday, June 25, 2013

When Adam Lost His Rib (It Should've Been For BBQ)


Back in the day, no one had ever seen anyone like the American male. So now, when I read “We are tired of living in a nation governed by fear” I wonder - not if the nation's latest desperate power-hungry conspiracy theories are valid - but how anyone can make such a statement in a nation that, over my lifetime, has been intent on raising cowards, dissing aggression, and putting women and gays in the forefront? 


I'd say, based on those efforts, "a nation governed by fear” is their dream come true,...
 

1 comment:

  1. What we've accomplished is creating a bunch of distinctly unserious adults who are now raising their children to be the same way.
    As well as boring adults -- because they can't seem to understand (as we once did) that there is a distinct difference between having childlike qualities and being childish. We used to, as a people, be very fun loving, funny and well, cool, because we could be stone cold and/or when the situation warranted it -- serious as a heart attack, kill you in your sleep on Christmas -- and then turn it off and proceed to go play ball with the kids.
    Now we're just trifling, or becoming so. Trifling and distinctly unserious in our "seriousness"; most definitely not fun or cool in our pursuit of "fun and cool".

    I want America back; I want to see Americans again (and yes, that means American men, because I miss them; it's like watching eagles go extinct or something, place won't be the same without them...and without them American women get lost in the shuffle too). I want my Bugs Bunny crazy country and my Al Capone crazy people back front and center.
    And most of all I'm building a powerful resentment for the people on all sides who seem determined to do this -- they are setting the stage for the extinction of something I happen to really, really like, love even. It's pissing me off.

    PW

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON