Monday, March 24, 2014

If You Check Out, Of Course, There's Going To Be A Bill


“All These Issues Are Still With Us” says Anita Hill, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about that. Happy she said it? Depressed it's true? Keep that horrible reality in mind as I recall enduring the collective lie that has been Grrrl PowerWhat?



Ahh, now we're in the world I know - filled with liars and people who expect, or demand, others do so - only to destroy them if and when they're found out. That's the fun part, the destruction - did you know we're compassionate? Yeah. I can see someone eating out of a trashcan from my window and we pat ourselves on the back for being a compassionate nation. That's the thing about the West:


Everything has to be pretty - or else.


It's like we're a nation of Mean Girls, with braces, secretly punishing anyone who doesn't think weight loss is the end-all-be-all of our existence. Oh, conspiracies, cabals, plots thickening, these people are as corrupted as Satan himself but, God damn it, don't you dare let them hear it. Even when they swear they want to get out. Especially with conservatives, you've got to phrase blame so it doesn't fall on them - a group blame should correctly fall on. They can't handle it, so nothing gets done. In the meantime, they'll keep promoting ugly saviors who, they hope, can appear to thread that needle. I ain't the one.

"Why are conspiratorial beliefs dangerous? Because, as with religious faith, those beliefs aren’t benign — they influence and inform actions. Nobody simply believes something without that belief impacting the way he or she behaves."


Yesterday, I was told I'm burning bridges with online conservatives, a criticism I could hardly hear above conservative laughter because I no longer own so much as a box of matches. If I would only lie about them, they imply, they'd be generous enough to help me out. Like I'd want to be associated with anyone who'd even offer that deal. (I'm not French.) Another version of this plea is accept their truth, which - like the NewAge "your truth" - has no basis in truth. Whatever they want, they also want me to lie, to me, and that can't happen. I simply have the wrong constitution.


So, I've got murderous liars to the Left of me, and murderous liars to the Right, all demanding the only way to make good with them is to endorse their lies and I won't, don't, can't. They're all murderous liars.


The Republican Party is a racist organization. If it's not, it accepts racists in it's ranks, to such an extent, it's not worth trying to make a distinction. The Democrats are delusional, and if it's not, it accepts delusional types in it's ranks, to such an extent, it's not worth trying to make a distinction. Evil or crazy - I'm supposed to choose - and be proud I have that choice. People in other countries don't. I've been to other countries:


Their people are eating out of trashcans,….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON