Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Or Take Liberal Advice: Tell Her To "Get Over It"

"She has been horribly hurt by my behavior, and when something happens like that, if you hurt a person and it's your responsibility, you try to fix it. And at that point, there's only two things that can happen: either you're going to make some progress and get it fixed, or you're going to fall short and perhaps not get it fixed, so let me tell you folks, I got my work cut out for me."

-- David Letterman, who clearly didn't get the memo - that "adultery is a private affair" that one can easily "move on" from - and, instead, is still blabbing about shattering his wife's trust (and probably her world view, since so many of Letterman's flunkies seem determined to applaud his betrayal of her, and their child) including on The Post News.

I mean, come on, it's not like he killed anybody, right? From what I've seen and experienced, it's when a NewAge murder's involved in adultery that the real compassion of liberals comes out,...

2 comments:

  1. While I agree that Letterman's cheating on his now-wife (but then-longtime-girlfriend) was reprehensible (though, alas, probably not all that atypical of show-biz types as well as politicos on the left AND the right), I do think he did the right thing by choosing to make his misdeeds public, given the extortion element.

    What I'm really curious about -- and forgive me for "hijacking" this post -- is why you haven't written about the Roman Polanski debacle. Or did you, and did I just overlook it? It seems that the Hollyweirds' impassioned defenses of, and ludicrous rationalizations on behalf of, child rapist Polanski would be right down TMR's alley. And even though you and I have had our disagreements, I believe I would side with you on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I've heard today, Letterman's wife, the only victim in this debacle of shit-headedness, is very, very angry and hurt. She is not at all amused by him going public, and his joking demeanor is no doubt a nasty humiliation.

    It may turn out paying the extortion money would have been vastly less expensive compared to what she will probably get out of the asshole. I hope she skins him alive.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON