Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A "Spiritual Warrior" Ain't Like The Real Thing

"I don’t know how to answer that."
-- James Arthur Ray, The Secret's (and Oprah's) self-help guru, when asked how the age-old practice of killing suckers has changed his "personal beliefs" - the enlightened one used to have all the answers, like all NewAgers, before they go traipsing into trouble - but alas, now Ray - who claimed The Secret was "science"** - can't give us much (except a "White Paper" - along with a notice his lawyer's on the phone) during an interview in New York Magazine.

**Yea, yea - The Secret is "science", Global Warming is "science", Homeopathy is "science",...everything's fucking science - except science. They'll fight to the death over that.

3 comments:

  1. Saw this today, TCE. You'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!

    It's even to a guy in San Francisco. Amazing.

    Thanks, Beth. I've gotta go meet a guy now, but when I get back, I'm posting something about that on my blog. It's great. You were right:

    I really enjoyed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. There must be something about San Francisco that draws quacks like a magnet - I don't mean gravitational force, though. Maybe money.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON