Friday, January 22, 2010

The Rest Of You Think You're Being So Smart

"I don't feel that I have to support him just because I'm black. There's this expectation that because he's black and I'm black, I have to run to support him,...I'm trying to get people thinking beyond race."
-- Carl Heastie, The Bronx's Democratic Chairman and a Democrat I can support, because A) he's not supporting Harold Ford, Jr., B) he's showing he knows more about living post-racially, in the here-and-now, than everyone who still (wrongly) claims it's something we have to aspire to in the future - and saying what, I thought, I should've heard a lot more of during Obama's election - and C) he's, also, probably opening himself up for a world of hurt, if I can trust The New York Daily News.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON