Monday, January 11, 2010

Black Is Black Is Black Is Black (Or Maybe Not)

"I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived. I saw it all growing up."

-- Rod Blagojevich, proving the standards for "blackness" are stupid - he's also in trouble with the law, does that count? - because the standard for who's an American is what counts, and should be if you're a Jammie Wearing Fool.

This reminds me of when I lived in France and they kept telling me whites can't be "real Americans" because that designation was reserved for Indians and those descended from slavery,...insulting as hell, those French, even when they were trying to give a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON