Thursday, May 13, 2010

Crucify Me (No One Seems To Mind That Today)

I can't help but enjoy a certain morbid humor about the way some regard my blogging.

They forget what's happening in the world when I'm around, allowing them to insult me as crazy, especially since I contend our problems are largely about belief - where almost everyone is to blame - and not politics, where all the attention is paid, but individual participation is limited.

It's an honor, really, to play one of religion's bad guys.

Belief's crank.


Prime candidate for the Encyclopedia of American Loons.

I tell it like it is, unashamed, while the rest of you cower for fear of offending.

Offending women, that is:

"TMR goes off the rails, as he often will, where he tries to generalize his thoughts to All Womandom, drifting into the realm of misogyny in a way that works to undermine both the elegance and credibility of his canny observations in certain limited areas."
Yes, I'm "Overdosing on Oprah" and all her female fans.

Women aren't perfect, and - when it comes to the realm of belief - are mostly responsible for the state of things, and, until it's a crime to say so, I will.

To me, it's just another one of those topics the larger society refuses to discuss, like liberalism's ugly "deep prejudice about the deep south" or the reality of having a "dangerous cult" or two (or three, or a thousand) operating amongst us.

It forces all of us to collectively live a lie, daily.

Like in The Watchmen.

The thinking seems to be that, until our liberal corporate news masters mention something, it's not to be talked about.

It's taboo.

They'll decide what we should be interested in and how.

Like they did with John Edwards' affair with the "delusional" Rielle Hunter.

Those are the kind of choices my betters think they can make for me - and I call bullshit.

I want to talk about everything - including what's happening with women out there - and especially as it pertains to NewAge:

"Postpartum psychosis with delusions, including demonic possession with the ability to talk to the dead, is how a psychiatrist described the mental health of Jesseca Carson when her 13-month-old daughter Amora was brutally beaten and strangled to death in December 2008."
And that includes what NewAge has done to men as well:



Like San Franciscans, allowing bums to die on the street in order not to violate their sense of freedom, I don't think society's priorities, generally, are in the correct order, regarding the subject of women and belief, or much of anything else really, and we can see the results of that everyday.

But I'm crazy, merely because I'm willing to offend everyone's delicate, sheltered, PC sensibilities and won't give in. (I saw my first dead body by the age of five, how about you?)

Here's my message back:

You can't frighten me away.

Because maybe it's a black thing, but I think women are "a vital, cherished part of,...men’s lives" and, as such, are worthy of the discussion I'm trying to have.

I don't know why anyone else wouldn't think so, too.

And, as far as I'm concerned - when it comes to misogyny - I think it's they who really don't care.

After all this time, I don't think many even know how.

[Click this post's title for it to make sense.]

2 comments:

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON