Friday, May 28, 2010

Know Thyself

I love this quote from Deborah Layton of The People's Temple:
"...Nobody joins a cult. You join a self-help group, a religious movement, a political organization."
Aren't those the three biggest names in news these days?

Yet no one discusses the cultish aspects to any of them.

Sure - everybody's crazy and looking for a crazy group to accept them - but don't you dare call them cultists, or their crazy "friends" a cult.

As the French say, "This is not done".

It may be true, but cults and cultists aren't interested in the truth - they're interested in their truth - no matter who gets hurt.

And their truth is they're as normal as I am - even though I don't feel a need to join groups, nor do I need their affection and guidance to be happy with myself.

Considering the way people behave, I don't have a clue why other adults would.

Except that they're immature, insecure, stupid, and crazy.

Basically, you know, the NewAge definition of "human".

The most dangerous animal on the planet.

2 comments:

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON