Sunday, July 1, 2012

Normal - Not Normal/Weird - Not Weird (I'm The Decider)


Thanks to my party, my choices keep getting tougher - and old music sounds better. Weird.


Now I'm faced with a president I dislike, a Republican candidate I despise, and a piece of legislation I hate - but - because my party chose to nominate a cultist - I can't vote for or against any of it.

Wonderful.


I'm almost tempted to vote for Obama because I know - and have seen how - we can box him in.


No matter what happens, I've got the feeling I'm living in North Korea Lite. On the left, The Great Leader is Obama. On the the Right, it's Joseph Smith - anything but a normal existence awaits.


What's normal? 


Katie Holmes divorcing Scientology is normal. 

John Edwards splitting from NewAge - under his daughter's ultimatum - is normal.


The parameters can even be expanded into the realm of not exactly "right" but understandable:


The con woman who jumped 35 stories to her death is normal ("You'll never get me, Copper!").

Telling women vain men aren't the best relationship choice is normal (Women have enough vanity for any relationship, thank you.)

A son, not wanting his father around his grandchildren after Dad divorced Mom, is normal ("You made your bed,…")

I even consider the story about the Swedish professor who sliced off and ate his wife's lip "when she returned home from a trip he believed she had taken with her new lover" as normal (Lipless Lady, in case no one in LiberaLand has told you by now, breaking the trust of your spouse through adultery is NOT how you end your marriage. It can drive people crazy,…)

Democrats still behaving like racists is normal (They've never acted like anything else, just changed who they'll defend against whom, racially).


But, trying to force weirdness into normalcy, this simply can't be understood:


Alec Baldwin "marrying" someone in the yoga cult (I put marrying in quotes because, I'm almost positive, there's a pre-nup) this is not normal.


People still being ignorant of atheism is not normal (but changing). 

Supposedly educated people still falling for the "social justice" canard is not normal. 

Seeing Scientology as a religion, instead of a con job, is not normal.


Oh - and I almost forgot: 

Any "news source" reporting on that now-infamous survey - which found most women won’t date unemployed men - and didn't mention men have been carrying their sorry asses for thousands of years, or somehow connect to this Offsping video:


Well, I don't consider them normal at all,….
 

5 comments:

  1. As the John Roberts decision showed, we will be repeatedly disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The bottom line is this: I will be voting against John Roberts’ nomination. I do so with considerable reticence. I hope that I am wrong. I hope that this reticence on my part proves unjustified and that Judge Roberts will show himself to not only be an outstanding legal thinker but also someone who upholds the Court’s historic role as a check on the majoritarian impulses of the executive branch and the legislative branch."

    Senator Barack Obama

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not voting, or voting Libertarian/Constitutionalist. I don't even agree with their platforms completely, but it beats voting for Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum, and all the insane bs they stand for.

    If I'm going to be repeatedly disappointed (which I'm almost sure will happen) or hoodwinked (the even more likely scenario -- Ann Barnhardt was right on about that) then at least I can say to myself that I, personally, did not buy into it. I'd rather be one of the poor, damn slobs who got shot in the back trying to get away, than one of the kool aide drinkers who shoved the cup inbetween their children's lips.

    Downticket is where the GOP might get my support IF they run the right canidates; if they decide to throw in for being Democrats II, then forget it.
    PW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rupert Murdoch
    ‏@rupertmurdoch

    Follow

    Watch Katie Holmes and Scientology story develop. Something creepy, maybe even evil, about these people.
    Reply Retweet Favorite

    Murdoch on Scientology and Romney (two of your favorites

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON