Saturday, April 27, 2013

There Will Be No Recycling Here


Angela Davis' lawyer died this week. 

He'd already helped Nat "King" Cole live in a white neighborhood.


Richie Havens also died. Finally. I'd break his guitar, too.

It's the only way to be sure.


And - speaking of "finally" - this week claimed "The Crown Prince Of Country Music," George Jones. 

He was so special, I can still remember exactly where I was, and what I was doing, the first time I heard him. Just standing there, stunned, at the depth of all he drew.

He was real.

 Yes, Sir - culturally speaking - I'd say Death had a pretty good week,...
 

1 comment:

  1. Six degrees of separation bragging here, but members of the extended family had the opportunity to hang with George -- said he as a pretty cool guy, funny, smart, easy to hang with.

    PW

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON