Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Songs Like "Black Magic Woman" Should've Been A Tip-Off Marriage Wouldn't Survive Their Occult Madness

 

 As far as I know, Professor Edzard Ernst - out of all the professors I've spoken with in various fields - is the first one to make the connection, openly state, and agree with, a central tenet of this blog:
"Making people believe in mystic 'energies' undermines rationality in a much more general sense. If this happens, the harm to society would be incalculable and extends far beyond health care."
 

 Considering "this happens," pretty consistently, and has been since the 60s - and don't get me started on the ramped up effect of, say, Oprah Winfrey's show on the populace - I'd say we've been in deep doo-doo for a long time. So long, most can't even comprehend what "incalculable" damage they've been doing for decades. 

 
"Political expression on the Left in the American sixties was split. Radical activists such as Students for a Democratic Society (1960-68) drew their ideology from Marxism, with its explicit atheism. But demonstrations with a large hippie contingent often mixed politics with occultism-magic and witchcraft along with costumes and symbolism drawn from Native American religion, Hinduism, and Buddhism. For example, at the mammoth antiwar protest near Washington, DC, in October 1967, Yippies performed a mock-exorcism to levitate the Pentagon and cast out its demons. Not since early nineteenth-century Romanticism had there been such a strange mix of revolutionary politics with ecstatic nature-worship and sex-charged self-transformation.
 

 As my father used to say, "I've never seen so many zombies in all my life,..."
 

1 comment:

  1. I've been on a documentary watching kick lately. The one I watched today fits with this post nicely: "Commune".

    I'm so blasted tired of freaking hippies.

    PW

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON