Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Making A Fight For Survival (More Than A Show Again)


Yes, of course - for me - that was it. That made it all better:


The jingle they play over The Ricky Gervais Show's closing credits is one of the most whimsical little things I've heard in a long time. Not quite magical, but definitely great - especially for kids. 

I still wonder why parents let their kids listen to adult music, or garbage. Actually, no I don't. I flashed on Frank Zappa just now - a pretty successful parent by any standard - he told 'em: 

 So intellectually lazy, they can't search out more compelling art than "Sugar Walls" themselves, the hysterical mob (Frank referred to them as a possible "cult") always blames, and then tries to control, artistic output simply for the sin of making it.


But truth tellers still tell it, and it ain't always nothing nice.


Oh, we do nice. I woke up to Gospel this morning, sitting bolt upright, with a pain in my chest (the ulcer) but a three-day depression lifted. 

It was sweet.


The chest pains became stomach cramps after I whirled out of bed - snatching the sheets with me for the laundry - before hitting three days of dishes so I have nothing but a few errands, and then music, for the rest of the day. 

I'm talking sharp, organized, knowing exactly what I have to do - even what order to do it in - after depression's forced march through God's blessed "Valley of Death" again.


Dragging my ass through a world that barely registered as a distraction. "Babylon" meaning more like "babble on". I looked for distractions, which is how I found the Ricky Gervais song. 

Since I expect intelligence to be insulted, that soundtrack became one tiny dark vacation.


And now - in technicolor - it's all coming back.


And so am I - in *ahem* mind and body - it's a good feeling. 

Nothing about Jesus' (or Himmler's) beloved "spirit" about it:


I'm their primitive man, alright - the both of 'em - but in The Age Of Wonder:

And heading straight back to the future,...

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON