Sunday, August 16, 2009

All Around The World: The Same (Wrong) Song

"At recent rallies, town hall meetings and 'tea parties,' a few protesters have shown up with signs comparing Obama to Hitler (i.e. depicting him with a Hitler mustache), or displaying swastikas in the context of implying that Obama and/or his administration are Nazi-like.

One would think that this would not be particularly newsworthy, but Democrats, the White House and their supporters are expressing outrage at this 'horrifying' and 'menacing' turn of events. (Or faux-outrage, at least.) Pundits, bloggers, media outlets and even top politicians like Nancy Pelosi are claiming that such signs are unprecedented, racist, and even that anyone who brings a swastika to a protest must be self-identifying as a Nazi (instead of accusing their opponents of being Nazis). When anyone tries to point out that the Left continuously compared Bush to Hitler and brought swastikas to rallies for six straight years during the Bush era, Obama supporters mock such claims, demand proof, and then try to ignore any individual examples proffered.

Since I had a front-row seat between 2003 and 2008 at anti-Bush protests in the San Francisco Bay Area, where I saw literally THOUSANDS of Bush/Hitler comparisons and swastikas, I thought perhaps it would be useful to compile here in one place a small sampling of them — to prove beyond any doubt that Hitler and swastikas were referenced incessantly at basically every single protest during the Bush administration. Anyone who claims otherwise is lying, as is anyone who claims that people who bring swastikas to rallies are necessarily self-identifying as Nazis.

I’m not saying I 'approve' of the new variant of this trend (comparing Obama to Hitler), nor that it is any more clever or insightful than comparing Bush to Hitler; I only post these images here to highlight the hypocrisy of anyone now expressing outrage that Obama could uniquely suffer such an indignity."


-- Zombie, catching 'em with their pants down - which ain't hard with this crowd - because it's always Zombietime.

Read the whole thing. Oh, and (as this blog has attempted to point out) the people bringing Obama/Hitler posters are in the crazy political cult of Lyndon LaRouche.

I guess I should add that I saw my first Bush/Hitler poster in Wissembourg, France, carried happily by the child of my friend, Patrick Kastner, and - despite the fact I showed a bit of outrage (more like faux-outrage, in order to be civil) none of the adults around this child considered how wrong it was to insult their American guest in this manner. Not that they'd care - as long as they thought it was funny (or believed it was true) nothing else - like, for instance, good manners - mattered. (And - if anyone thinks this blog displays bad manners now - well, having lived in France, I learned from the masters,...)

I also remember a conversation at Patrick's house, where the subject turned to the war (as it inevitably did at french gatherings) and the Bush-bashing started. Someone asked me what I thought about the president and I said I liked him and why. They all looked at my (now-ex) french wife, Karine Ann Brunck, and asked if she agreed, and she said, "I do when he says it." They all mumbled their disagreement, questioning her choice in mates.

Later, after she had started sleeping with Wissembourg's murderous homeopathic quack, Robert Wohlfahrt, I read some of their e-mails to one another and found that he'd rail against Bush to her - with no disagreement - revealing that I had been, literally, "sleeping with the enemy" for 20 years. I cried for months over that, alone.

Now that Obama is fighting "Bush's Wars" - and the left appears to have lost interest - the hypocrisy is maddening.
Hat Tip: Robert Wohlfahrt

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON