Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Oprah Winfrey (And The Beliefs Of Harpo Marks)

A former employee of Oprah's mentioned the words Harpo and cult to Kitty Kelly in the same sentence - nope, it wasn't me saying it this time:
"I thought I would be working for the warm and fuzzy person I saw on television. But, God, I was conned. It's a cult at Harpo. So oppressive it's frightening."
Dig that shit, y'all: this is someone describing an environment of "peace and love" created by a NewAger. When you bother to look behind the curtain, this is always the environment created by a NewAger.

Did you hear that Barbara Walters ain't promoting the book? Gee, I wonder why not?

Someone else, I'm sure, will come along and say that anonymous employee was probably "disgruntled", but even a hatred of OW still doesn't explain why anyone would specifically drop the c-bomb on her company.

Only when you factor in NewAge does the comment make sense. Harpo's promotion of insulting, harmful, and money-wasting nonsense, like The Secret. Harpo's endorsement of James Arthur Ray, who, to the point of death, compelled people to act against their own best interests. Harpo's backing for every quack and quack remedy under the sun. Harpo and Eckhart Tolle, amongst others. Harpo and Barack Obama.

The place is bound to be bizarre, because either (A) they know they're openly lying to the American people, or (B) Harpo believes in so much kooky cult shit it wouldn't be surprising if it's discovered to be a Scientology recruitment mechanism.

And Oprah is a NewAger who is despised, apparently, by almost her entire frigging family. Come on, people: if I became rich and famous, I'm sure you could find shit I wrote on the internet, or even family and friends, to attempt a smear campaign against me. But, I guarantee you, the posse won't include any of my foster parents. Big bad Oprah's own Step-Father calls her a liar:

"She may be admired by the world, but I know the truth. So does God and so does Oprah. Two of us remain ashamed."
Now, who you going to trust when it comes to the subject of Oprah's honesty:

Her father, or your media-controlled image of what you think you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON