Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It Is Truly A Mad "Whirled" (When The Most Mainstream Skeptic Is Also The Most Radical)

"An anti-New-Wage blogger who had once been sort of an ally, but whose politics as well as his views on the evils of New-Wage culture are a bit too radical even for me, recently published a blog post about what a complete and utter hypocrite I am."
That's a quote from a post (partially) about me, from "Cosmic Connie" at Whirled Musings, and I thought, finally, it deserved a reply. I mean, she wrote it all the way back in December:

Dear Connie, I still consider you an ally, I just can't stand your,...your,...whatever he is.

(I am not going to mention him by name because I do not wish to rile the beast of Buddha,...)

Anyway, as long as you keep he and I apart, we're cool.

You're ditzy as fuck, but we're still cool.

As far as my "radical" politics goes, it seems to me, someone who supported Obama's election - as you, your Significant Other, and many of those who hang out at Steve Salerno's SHAMblog did - would be confused by what, at the time, was one lone black man taking a political position in opposition to, amongst other things, Oprah Winfrey's choice of "The One".

(Salerno himself even went so far as to suggest I might be an Uncle Tom for not voting for Obama, without a harsh word in PC protest from anyone, or ever an apology from Salerno for suggesting such a stupid thing. You see, I hurt his feelings as well, for telling him he'd gone delusional over soon-to-be-President Weirdo.)

Nowadays, of course, I'm obviously ahead of the curve.

And - considering it's the Tea Party Movement that, right now, best represents, politically, what I've been saying all along - that's hardly "radical".

It's just American.

Like I said:

It's easy to see how an Obama supporter would get confused.

And finally, about me and NewAge:

I helped bring down a killer quack - in France - while challenged constantly by those claiming to be on "my side" (including you and Captain Know-It-All.)

Meanwhile, in England, bloggers are dismantling, both, homeopathy and chiropractic practices.

But what have I found, mostly, from America?

Except for (my sister blog) Panda Bear, M.D. and Chris Locke's Mystic Bourgeoisie (probably the Crown Jewel of NewAge studies) I've mostly found your trademark snark and loads and loads of Orac's Respectful Insolence, but not much else.

My impression is you - who know the harm NewAge causes and know the harm it's caused me personally - have no serious intention of ever stopping NewAge, because you're liberals, and bloggers, and, Damn It All To Hell, it keeps you in material. It's just jokes.

At least, that's the best I can come up with.

So like, whatever, I'm not doing this to preach - I'm done.

I just needed to get that off my chest.

It's off now.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON