Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cults: Another Band Whose Time Has Come



So let's see: I've been ragging on the influence of cults, and how they ruined my marriage and music career, for five years now. And in that time, I've watched the cult-escapees Girls emerge, and now there's this band - just called Cults - on the charts.

And, of course, I can't forget Anton and my friend, Jeffie, in The Brian Jonestown Massacre (see the video below) though they came out (and were obliquely addressing the subject) long before I understood how these monsters were infiltrating my ex-wife's mind, destroying my life and career, and leading to the untimely, and unnecessary, deaths of others.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is enough to say there's a movement yet - yet - but it's definitely enough to take notice and say, "It's about time."



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON