Monday, November 12, 2012

Another Meathead Report From TMR's Archie Bunker,...

Denmark is scrapping its tax on foods that are high in saturated fat after people were traveling to Germany in search of unhealthy snacks for less.


Well no shit, Sherlock. I had a Danish girlfriend once. 
She didn't like I knew how to use "bitch" in a sentence. 
I didn't like the relationship.


[Click to enlarge]
Kevin Clash, Sesame Street's Elmo since 1985, has taken a leave of absence after allegations surfaced that he had a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old boy.
-- Slate Magazine, delivering news that, unfortunately, is hardly shocking.

Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

"I want you to hear me tonight, I am not saying that President Obama is the Antichrist, I am not saying that at all. One reason I know he's not the Antichrist is the Antichrist is going to have much higher poll numbers. President Obama is not the Antichrist. But what I am saying is this: the course he is choosing to lead our nation is paving the way for the future reign of the Antichrist. It is time for Christians to stand up and to push back against this evil that is overtaking our nation" (and to do so via) "the ballot box."
-- Robert Jeffress, senior pastor at the First Baptist Church in Dallas, finally moving Obama from AntiChrist to usher, or assistant-to the AntiChrist


A friend once grew serious, peered deeply into my eyes, and then asked if I work for The Devil. That meant - except to blow his mind - he actually thought one of my options was to say, "Yeah."

For five years I have consistently maintained that Mitt Romney could not be elected President of the United States. The only thing that changed was Barack Obama’s terrible debate performance and I made the unfortunate mistake of going with the herd toward “he can win now.” A year ago — to be precise, November 8th of last year — I wrote that Mitt Romney would be the nominee, conservatism would die, and Barack Obama would win. Regrettably, I told you so. 
As I wrote would happen, Mitt Romney tried to blur lines with Barack Obama. He did not defend social conservatism, but let those attacks go unanswered. He did not articulate strong fiscal conservatism and he never repudiated Romneycare, thereby failing to make any credible attacks on Obamacare. 
Conservatives and conservative institutions who embraced him early on are now scrambling to make excuses. They were so invested in a failure they cannot bring themselves to admit Mitt Romney and his campaign were failures. They were, to Republicans, what green energy is to Barack Obama. 
Because these conservatives cannot accept that they were wrong, they must conclude that conservatism itself is somehow broken. 
I believe conservatism is the correct solution to our problems. I believe the Republican Party has a better chance of advancing conservatism than the Democrats. I believe many Republicans and conservatives embraced a failed, flawed messenger and now, instead of admitting their mistake, would fundamentally transform the Republican Party and the conservative movement into something it isn’t so they do not have to admit they were wrong all along. I believe that many of our present party leaders have no desire to advance any public policy other than that which they think is best poll tested to keep them in power and advance their career, regardless of the soundness of the policy or the intellectual underpinnings of idea. 
No thanks.


My wife, in a fit of religious hysteria, once declared she could walk through walls. 
I made the mistake of asking to see her do it. We're divorced, you know. So there's that.

It seems pretty clear that many supposed Romney voters stayed home on Election Day,...I don’t agree with them, but I understand their thinking.
-- Fred Thompson, not understanding my thinking, at all.


One of my foster mother's ran to her bible before doing anything else, after her daughter cut her wrist open, accidentally walking through a plate glass door.

“You can’t understand it but I was born to be a queen. It wasn’t my choosing. I was born into it. And I wasn’t raised I was built: I was built to be this thing; and now they’re killing me for it — but you’d be the same. You’d make the same choices I did.”
--Marie Antoinette, in David Adjmi’s play of the same name


The first person who learned I was an atheist hit me. Square in the face. It was my best friend, and he practically dared me to say it again. His mother watched, approvingly. I said it again.

"We believe that man is a spiritual being – this is the focus of the Scientology religion. Man is basically good."
-- Fabio Amicarelli, an Ideal Org spokesman, after they've moved into Israel


A woman terrified her son, demanding he pray as he died. I kept her company as she re-watched film of his open casket funeral. He was my foster brother's best friend but, by the time he died, my foster brother had started gangbangin' and couldn't care less about anybody dying. I filled in. Good times.

There will always be a remnant of those who believe in UFOs. They're not at all deterred by the lack of evidence and would ignore anyone who suggested otherwise.
-- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

“All Muslims are charged with applying the teachings of Islam to remove such idols, as we did in Afghanistan when we destroyed the Buddha statues. “God ordered Prophet Mohammed to destroy idols. When I was with the Taliban we destroyed the statue of Buddha, something the government failed to do.”
-- Murgan Salem al-Gohary, the Islamist leader calling for removal of the Sphinx and Pyramids


Work for the best, prepare for the worst.

Injuries caused by women grooming their intimate area have increased five-fold in recent years, the latest research reveals.


Not what I had in mind,....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON