Friday, November 9, 2012

Like The Blues


Standing isolated from superstition isn't all bad, but being forced to do so can be excruciating.

“I believe in God and God is going to make sure Mr. Romney wins.”

Glenn Beck, who I used to enjoy on the radio, should understand. 

Armed with facts, history, humor and passion, he spoke the truth - and happily alienated a lot of folks.


I wasn't by myself.


Then he started preaching - and he pushed me away.



Today Beck has maneuvered to "Man, sometimes God really sucks" - which is a step closer to saying there is no God - but still far away from me.


Yeah - Beck gave me some push!


Beliefs mean nothing - it's their movement I find fascinating.


That beliefs do so - but people don't acknowledge it in their actions - means I disregard them.


Tell me what anyone actually knows - what's nailed down - that's what I want to hear.

In the weeks leading up to Tuesday’s election, Beck had repeatedly said that God was orchestrating Republican nominee’s path to the presidency. 
Speaking to his radio listeners in September, he insisted that Romney’s poll numbers had fallen as a part of a plan from God to make it obvious to the American people that divine intervention was responsible when Republicans took the White House in November. 
The conservative radio host later speculated that Romney had lost the final debate because he was “being guided” by God to be “less contentious” and agree with President Barack Obama.

I don't listen to Beck, or Rush, or Hannity anymore - I don't trust any of 'em to stay sane.


I read a lot of blogs and online news.

But you know my stance there - which, being participatory, also hasn't made me popular:

It’s always amazing to me that people choose to believe it’s better, not just for their pageviews, but for their causes, to be dishonest or to waste time on conspiracy theories or straight-up dishonesty. If you lie, you can get caught, and sometimes, sued. If you chase ghosts, you risk being thought ridiculous both by people whose opinions you disdain and those whose approval you might like to court. If you devote bandwidth to nothing stories, you waste time that could be more profitably spent researching and reporting real scandals, and developing sources of actual value. If you mislead your readers to inflame their passions, you divert them from issues that they could profitably mobilize around. If you skew possible outcomes, you risk exposing your audience to shattering disappointments and confusion. No matter how well you firewall yourself, you will eventually be exposed on some level.

Being popular. I got from under Althouse because she can be more frivolous than David Cameron, but mostly because I got sick of the continuing (but completely erroneous) commenter claim that I was always promoting my site or wrote about Glenn Reynolds because I was jealous, or envious.


The Althouse rule is, I can correctly think Obama wrong, but I can't accurately think Reynolds is, too:

Earth to everybody - he's wrong.


Plane forced into landing after passenger 'refuses to stop PRAYING in the aisle'


I've said having (somewhat) "clean hands" matters to me - and almost everyone's are dirty.

2012 Presidential Campaign Said to Hit Unprecedented Level of Lying

As long as that's the case, online, I don't trust or long for anyone's acceptance. I've got my own mind and that's what's important. That, and it matches reality. And, sure, it hurts a little.


But did you hear? 

The NewAge Assassin - who even Glenn Reynolds acknowledged I called long before anybody else - just got life in prison?



Like I said, it's not all bad,….

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON