Friday, June 25, 2010

I Want Some Of Whatever He's Smoking - NOW

Check this shit out:

That's a picture of me, trying out this blue eyed performance idea. And now look at Michael:

Man - if I was rich and turning white - I'd be creeped-the-fuck-out.

But I ain't: I just make this face at NewAge spirits and they all go away.

As anyone can see, I ain't exactly capable of putting my opinions this way, because this English guy's a waaay better writer than I am, plus I can hear England in his voice, and we Americans like that, so I'm letting him do the talking:
"The public is not behind the war; there is a confusion over war aims, an uncertainty about withdrawal and growing tensions between the people running it. Why shouldn't the citizens who pay for the war and the men who give up their lives for it know what is going on? General McChrystal may have been motivated by self-aggrandisement. But that is true of half the people who speak out to the media. We should be acclaiming him as a hero, not an errant soldier whose openness to the media must be condemned."
See: that's almost my position - smoking a pipe. (I was going to say "wearing an ascot" but Jon Stewart's on the whole ascot thing so I went with the pipe.)

Come on, you big pussies:

The firing of General McChrystal was stupid and wrong.

The biggest controversy I've heard of, surrounding the newest war documentary, "Restrepo", has been about the lack of politics heard from the soldiers. Now you hear what they think on a boozy night in Paris and - even though it's probably not that much different from what you or I think - they lose their jobs. No. General McChrystal and his men don't deserve this.

I think, at this point, his buyer's remorse should be punishment enough.

And then, of course, there's this:
"Rolling Stone was founded in San Francisco in November 1967, at the height of the counter-culture movement, by a university drop-out called Jann Wenner, who financed its earliest editions with the help of a $7,500 loan from his family.

'The spirit was that rock'n'roll was not merely music, but an expression of a new generation,' says Victor Navasky, the chairman of the Columbia Journalism Review. 'They stood for a revolutionary principle, mixed up with new-age spiritualism,...'"
I don't put the words in their mouths, folks, I swear.

Now what have I been telling you? I forget.

Oh well, it couldn't have been of very much importance, now could it?

Whoa - I sounded a little British there, after all, now didn't I?

Well - Jolly good:

I might turn out to be a writer yet.

1 comment:

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON