Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm Just Pleased As Punch About This Guy



One of my favorite episodes of The Sopranos is the one where, after being shot by Uncle Junior, Tony dreams he's a normal guy being hounded by hypocritical Buddhists and suffering a serious identity crisis. The question of what kind of a guy Tony Soprano would be on the other side of crime has always been a delicious one - but we need wait no further for the answer:

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you New Jersey's Governor, Chris Christie, probably the most straight-talking politician in America.

He's becoming famous for how he's handling things during the recession - realistically - but, mostly, for this speech where he makes it clear to the teacher's union that he's with the people and if "you punch them, I punch you." Really, after Barack Obama's "punch back twice as hard" nonsense (Christie could easily take him) is there a more obvious example of The Macho Response out there?

Seriously, this is what we need more of, and - while I know it's waaay too early to propose any such thing - I'm going to go out on a limb and say, if he keeps this up, I see a run at the White House in Tony Soprano's future,...

Hat Tip: NewsRealBlog and iOwnTheWorld.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON