Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tie Your Mother Down (Or Just Erica Jong)

"The record shows that voting machines in America are rigged."

"My friends Ken Follett and Susan Cheever are extremely worried. Naomi Wolf calls me every day. Yesterday, Jane Fonda sent me an email to tell me that she cried all night and can't cure her ailing back for all the stress that has reduces her to a bundle of nerves."

"My back is also suffering from spasms, so much so that I had to see an acupuncturist and get prescriptions for Valium."

"...If Obama loses it will spark the second American Civil War. Blood will run in the streets, believe me. And it's not a coincidence that President Bush recalled soldiers from Iraq for Dick Cheney to lead against American citizens in the streets."

"Bush has transformed America into a police state, from torture to the imprisonment of reporters, to the Patriot Act."


Erica Jong, the author of "Fear of Flying", speaking to an Italian blogger and publicly revealing a breathtaking display of the insanity a large segment of Boomers are now famous for passing along, in The New York Observer.

I'm posting this so people can see the kinds of things Boomers say to me all-the-time - constantly projecting a dark Left-wing nuttiness that (because of the Baby Boom's over-whelming numbers) can make me wonder about the safety of the nation - and sleep with some kind of protection nearby.

These Boomers are out of their fucking minds, and there's apparently no way to stop their self-feeding nightmares. They just insist their delusions are the way it is, and then go back to their comfortable lives of wine and cheese parties, without acknowledging any cognitive dissonance at all. Not only that but, if anyone challenges them on it, they'll immediately fly into a rage to enforce their "perspective".

They get especially angry at me because (of course - guilt trip alert:) they're feeling this way, and spewing this nonsense, on my behalf - because (guess what?) I'm black! And, as we all know, I suffer under a constant barrage of racism that's assaulting me, on a minute-by-minute basis, under President Bush's rule. An assertion that, if you think about it, is somehow racist in itself. (BTW - big shout out to Michael Amos: way to oppress me, man!)

I see the situation, and these Boomers, this way: they are the surviving dregs of the 60's, and since they've had about 40 years to let their mad hippie delusions fester, little by little - as they die off - things will get better. The rest of us have got to just hang in there, watching our backs, and protecting the republic until the fever passes (or they do) or they get too old to be truly harmful to anyone but themselves.

It's either that or wait for them to do something really stupid that forces the entire nation into, somehow, re-restraining 'em - through some kind of Chicago '68 action - so (since the rest of us just want to get on with our lives while, somehow, sharing the same space) they will once again get the message - loud and clear - that the rabid dog routine can't be tolerated any longer.

I don't know. That was already tried 40 years ago and, clearly, it didn't take.

Anyway, there it is: another decent demonstration of the craziness that regularly inflicts itself on my life, care of Erica Jong. It attacks all of our lives, really. It's what's ruining our culture, and our country, too.

And while I want everyone to know I'm trying to be as sympathetic to their mental problem as I can - and you should be too - the only reaction that's good for all involved is:

2 comments:

  1. According to the most commonly accepted definition, the baby boomer generation in the US includes EVERYONE born between 1946 and 1964. That's a pretty big population you're condemning, including your apparent hero George W Bush. And yourself too, for that matter. So do you sleep with protection nearby to protect you from yourself? Might not be a bad idea at that, considering the tone of this blog. Be careful that you don't hurt yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you said, 1964 is "the most commonly accepted" date, but there are others, like 1960. Whatever it is, I still fall at the tail-end of the range and, as someone in a position to have seen the mistakes of those before me, I don't like what I've seen and despise the excuses I've heard. I'm not one of you. To me, I'm the beginning of Generation X, or whatever comes next, but in no way part of the Baby Boom.

    As far as the president being a Boomer, he represents a specter of that huge lie most Boomers tell - that everyone in their generation was a part of the protest culture and anyone who doesn't agree with them doesn't "get it". Wrong. They were a big enough group to be a pain in the ass (just as they are now) but they never represented the character of the country. Europeans may buy it, but I was born here and know better.

    Finally, I'd say with this election, you should take your own advice on protection - "don't hurt yourself" - and vote McCain.

    Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON