Monday, September 10, 2012

All That Matters (Is What TMR Says Matters,...)


So Obama isn't taking Nicki Minaj's endorsement of Mitt Romney too seriously, saying he thinks she's just adopting another persona to sell records (I'm amazed he knew she does that) but what's important to me is how he's treating the issue more seriously than most of these other blogs that think they know what substantive issues are, while ignoring what happens in Rap altogether (Jay-Z came out against Occupy Wall St. this weekend - did anybody notice?) I'm not going to speculate why that is, beyond they mostly have awful taste in music, but it's a major *political* failing when so much occurs ONLY within that sphere.

And yes, how out-of-touch these other guys are, compared to TMR, is a MAJOR theme today because I think their readership numbers are an indication of the country's cluelessness, rather than a sign of it's intellectual sophistication, since they'll spend months on issues that fizzle to nothing, while I'll ignore them as not real to begin with - my point:

If you're not regularly reading this blog, you're missing out on a hell of a lot that is happening, whether you can appreciate it's immediate significance or not.

 That's my take anyway. 

YMMV,...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON