Thursday, December 25, 2008

Oh: It's Not Wrong if The NYT Doesn't Do It

"My name is Larry Grathwohl and I infiltrated the Weather Underground for the FBI. I had no idea when my journey began in August 1969 that I would see and experience the degree of violence and hatred of our democracy that existed in the Weather Underground. Bernardine Dorhn, Bill Ayers, and the other people I would meet had as their sole purpose the destruction of the United States. The fact that I ultimately became the only source of information regarding the activities of the Weather Underground and the fact that Bill Ayers now claims their goal was only to bring about the end of the war in Vietnam requires me to respond.

At least Bill admits the Weather Underground 'crossed' the line of legality but mitigates this admission by stating that the effectiveness of the 'symbolic acts of extreme vandalism' is still being debated. He further states that the selected targets were 'property, never people' and that their only purpose was to end the war in Vietnam. Bill is simply not being truthful and is rewriting history to reflect a completely different role for himself and the Weather Underground from what actually took place. 'Bring the war home, kill your parents' was the mantra being chanted when the group decided to go underground in December 1969 and there certainly isn’t anything anti-war in that statement. I’m also curious as to who is debating their status. When I think about the Weather Underground my immediate thought is 'terrorism and death.'"
-- Larry Grathwohl, with a “Response to ‘The Real Bill Ayers'" that The New York Times refused to run, but which easily found a home on Pajamas Media.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON